Saturday, September 1, 2012

9 months to put it on...

...9 months to take it off.  At least I have to keep telling myself that.  I knew that pregnancy was going to change my body...I just didn't know how much.  I have fat in horrifying places.  Places that will probably be the last to slim down.  I feel lumpy.  Blah....

.......anyway.... I got a run in!  I was all set to run outside in the cool evening air when lightning started striking all around me.  I decided it would be better to not get caught in a huge storm at night and went to the fitness center instead.  Have I told you that I hate hate hate the treadmill?  ;)  The run seemed tougher than usual, but I did it.  That's a good feeling, yes?

I tried a couple of amazing recipes this week.  The best one was this Chocolate Chipotle Chili from Our Best Bites.  Oh my goodness, it was amazing.  It was so easy to make too.

Then I made this Spicy Honey Chicken Salad.  (Our Best Bites) Best chicken EVER!
Then we made Chili Lime Flank Steak with Elote (Corn on the cob ala Nacho Libre but way better) and Black Beans....*drool*
And just for fun I made this because my friend and fellow bell-ringer Paige gave me 2 Monster zucchinis. 
So, if you can't already tell, it was an Our Best Bites week.  I love to cook.  I love controlling what goes in my food. 

I've decided I'm signing up for this 6k.  It's in October so I should be ready to run the WHOLE thing.  That's my goal.  I've done a few 5ks and 3 10ks, but I've never run the whole thing.

In all it's been a good week.  I started using My Fitness Pal and I love love love it.  I've been able to keep track of things really well.  I haven't weighed myself yet though.  I'm a little nervous.  It will be discouraging to see the same number (Or higher).  I'm kind of expecting that because I feel like I am rebuilding the muscle that I lost while preggo.  But, I'm not going to stop.  Yes, my goal is to lose weight, but my main goal right now is to run a half marathon in April.  Losing weight will just be a lovely side-effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment