Wednesday, September 19, 2012

**Blargh**

So yesterday sucked.  I woke up at 2 in the morning to give baby girl a binky check and was hit with a huge wave a nausea.  So after a night of too many bathroom trips I asked my husband to stay home from work, which he did, thank goodness!  I stayed in bed all day, had a glass of ginger ale and a total of 4 saltines.  Tuesday's daily goal: Eat a healthy breakfast?  Yeah right.  I was also supposed to go running yesterday but of course that wasn't happening either.  I think my body has something against Tuesday's.  Ah well.

Today is a new day!  I feel so so so much better.  I'm going to start with a healthy breakfast and then spend the day with my baby girl.  I missed her so much yesterday.

I've kind of designated Tuesdays as "Post a Recipe" day.  I missed that yesterday, so here it is today.

    Tofu Stir-fry over Quinoa

1/2 cup prepared Quinoa (Or rice...or neither.)
1/2 package Extra-firm tofu, drained - cut into 1 inch cubes
Corn Starch
Sesame seeds
Your favorite vegetables
I used...
Broccoli (Crowns and Stems)
Onions
Green Peppers
Red Peppers
Diced Mushrooms
2 Tbs Olive Oil
Kikoman Teriyaki Baste and Glaze Sauce (Or a homemade sauce like this or this)

Procedure:
Preheat the oven to 400°F.

Lightly coat the tofu cubes with the cornstarch and sesame seeds. Place on a parchment or foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden.  (I used my toaster oven)

Dice and slice your vegetables.  and saute over medium heat until tender.  If using broccoli, reduce heat and cover.  You just want to steam it a little bit.

Add baked tofu and as much sauce as you need.  Toss until everything is covered and serve over quinoa.  Or rice...or just eat it plain.  

This was so good!  The Kikoman Baste and Glaze is thick enough that it clings to all the vegetables really well and you don't need to use that much, and baking the tofu makes it slightly crispy on the outside.  

It was so yummy! I can't wait to make it again.

(Soon, I will actually manage to get a picture of the food before I eat it.)




No comments:

Post a Comment