1. Being a Vegan is tricky! I was going to say that it is hard, but really, it wasn't hard to make good decisions. The tricky part was sifting through things that might be on the no-no list. After eating vegan, I think that being a vegetarian would be a piece of cake!
2. The VBD has saved me twice from potentially disastrous meals. The first time was at a lunch meeting at a Diner in Heber. After looking over the entire menu I realized that there was only 2 things I could eat. 2!!! I had a veggie burger, a salad with oil and vinegar, and a handful of fries.
The second time was the other morning when Russell brought home 2 sausage biscuits from Carl's Jr. I LOVE sausage biscuits and totally would have eaten them and spent like 22 points just on breakfast. But, I can't eat meat until dinner time. So I was SAVED!!!
3. One of the first things I did when I decided to try VBD was look on the web for Vegan recipes. I found a bunch like Macaroni and Cheeze that looked yummy. I thought about making some of them but decided against it because the whole point of this exercise is to eat more fruits and vegetables. I was at the store yesterday and ALMOST bought the vegan "cheese" but after looking at the ingredients I decided against it. It was made with all kinds of stuff I couldn't pronounce. Again, I figured the fake stuff was defeating the purpose of what I am doing here.
4. I still have a hard time buying meat and dairy when I go to the store. BUT I save a lot of money!
5. Russell will eat healthy food if that is the only thing in the house!
6. Clear bowls make food look extra yummy. :)
7. I lost 5 pounds in a week!!
8. My vegetable peeler is always dirty!