Thursday, May 6, 2010

Ethiopian Cabbage Recipe


So, here is the recipe for the yummy dinner I made last night. *Don't be afraid by the word Ethiopian* The flavors are mellow but super tasty! As I didn't buy any meat this last shopping trip, we had this as our main dish. Next time though, I think I will use it as a side dish paired with chicken with a Moroccan spice rub. (Remember, I am only a Vegan till DINNERTIME) But, I can have the leftovers for lunch. They taste better the second day!


This is the recipe as taken from www.allrecipes.com. I doubled all the spices and only used 1/4 cup of Olive Oil. Next time I think I will use a whole head of Cabbage (I love cabbage) and less pepper (I'm not a pepper lover). Also, I used a pot instead of a skillet. Unless you have a really big skillet, I would recommend this as well.

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 4 carrots, thinly sliced
  • 1 onion, thinly sliced
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
  • 1/2 head cabbage, shredded
  • 5 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes

Directions

  1. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the carrots and onion in the hot oil about 5 minutes. Stir in the salt, pepper, cumin, turmeric, and cabbage and cook another 15 to 20 minutes. Add the potatoes; cover. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until potatoes are soft, 20 to 30 minutes.

Russell actually really liked this! And it was really easy to make. (It took a while to actually cook though, so make sure you give yourself extra time)


My main course sized portion came to be 6 WW points. Pretty good for a dinner!

TRY THIS! YOU'LL LIKE IT!

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment