Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Daily goal - Wednesday

I did not meet my daily goal today. *Hangs head in shame* I really have no good reason except that I had what I call a bad day. Nothing bad happened, my depression took over. Today started well, I got up, went to Zumba and stopped at the store. When I pulled into my driveway I actually sat in the car for a few minutes because I knew what would happen. I would sit down on the bed, pull the covers over me cause it's cold and play on the computer. All day. I gave myself a pep talk. 'Liana,' I said, 'you are going to go inside, put the groceries away, make some lunch and start cleaning the kitchen.' I got out of the car, put the groceries away, made myself lunch, (quinoa with black bean and corn salsa and fresh lime) and sat down in my bed with the computer. 'I'm just going to watch Glee and then I will clean the kitchen.' I told myself. 3 hours and one nap later I decided that I was being stupid and wasting time. I got up and cleaned the kitchen. Then the living room and the bathroom. I still have a big 'ol pile of laundry to do. I'm actually a little surprised that I was able to drag my butt out of bed to accomplish something. Usually when I have a bad day I'll stay in bed until I have to get out because I have somewhere to be or a piano student is coming over.

Today, I truly believe that this dumb blog gave me the motivation that I wouldn't have had otherwise.

So, I thank you. Thank you for reading. Thank you for your comments and words of encouragement. Thank you for helping me realize that I am not the only one with bad days once and a while. And Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for helping me be accountable and helping me turn a bad day into a sorta good day.

Tomorrow's Goal: Check at least 4 things of my to do list
  • Laundry
  • Kick a$$ at my first personal training session
  • Go to the library
  • Weed the front beds
  • Finish paperwork for the house
  • Finish the roster for the club

2 comments:

  1. Glad we are keeping you real...LOL I think you are awesome and I love your goals.smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, you didn't meet your goal ALL the way but you got a lot accomplished. Way to kick depression in the shins!!!

    ReplyDelete