Monday, May 17, 2010

150s be damned!

Last year I started Weight Watchers (February....I think....). My starting weight was 170 lbs. I was working out every day, tracking my points while making healthy choices. I lost 20 lbs! I looked good, I felt good, I bought L's instead of XL's, I bought 12's instead of 14's, I even squeezed my butt into a 10! I could not get that scale to go past 150. I mean, is a 149 too much to ask? After hitting 150, I got lazy. I stopped tracking, I stopped working out. (I finished my 5k in July so I stopped training.) Then in August I hurt my knee. (So I stopped hiking.) My Brother and his wife challenged me to a 10k in December. (Winter Sun 10k in Moab) I said yes! What a great way to get running again, right? Wrong. I didn't train. One day in November I realized how soon this race was so I hopped on the treadmill and ran. One Mile. Till my knee started hurting. I decided to go to a doctor. (I went to a Doc that specialized in Sports Medicine. GREAT choice.) I was worried that when I told a Doctor it hurt when I ran, he would tell me not to run anymore. He diagnosed me with ITBS and gave me stretches and exercises to get me running again. I still didn't train. I ran the race anyway. Holy Crap, I finished! (Killed my knee though...) The whole point of this is that I maintained that Stupid 150 lbs. Then Christmas killed me. Then January, February and March. And April. I was up to 160. BOOOOOOO!

2 weeks ago I started WW again and the VBD. I lost 5 lbs. Yay. This week...Nothin! I even worked out a little bit. I'm worried that I'm going to be stuck in those 150s again.

I live in Utah. We have lots of Plateaus. I just don't want to be one of them. This week I am going to work extra hard on the extras. I'm eating well, but I need to drink more H2O. I need to exercises harder. So I'm gonna.

The number 150 will die a horrible terrible death and rot in HELL.

So says I.

1 comment: