Friday, May 21, 2010

Dinner Destination - Vietnamese

Last night the Husband and I went out to dinner. Being the sweetie that he can sometimes be he agreed to my second choice Pho Green Papaya (He vetoed the first...but I knew that would happen.) If you haven't tried Vietnamese Cuisine yet, you are in for a real treat! I love how fresh everything is and I never leave with the heavy feeling in my tummy that one gets after eating Chinese food.



Pho
This is the small bowl of soup that comes with the Dinner Combo. The broth is light and flavorful and it reminds me a little like Christmas. (Probably the five-spice) It came with a plate of beansprouts, jalapeno, basil, mint and lime to add as you like to the soup.


This little salad is SO good and SO unexpected! Usually when a salad comes with a meal at an Asian restaurant it's bagged iceberg lettuce with maybe a tomato and weird dressing, but this is a work of art! It's made with bean sprouts, shredded apples, shredded celery, purple grapes, purple cabbage, carrots, and toasted shallots. It's all topped with chopped peanuts and a very light vinaigrette. (I really do mean light, there is barely any oil in it.)


This is my meal. Remember..I am only Vegan until dinnertime. This could however be easily made vegan. Bun is a rice noodle dish served with lettuce, cucumbers, bean sprouts, carrots, meat or tofu of your choice (I usually pick the pork here) and the same yummy sauce to go over the noodles. Then I mix it all together. Heaven!
Here is the point breakdown:
1 1/2 rice noodles = 5.5 points
Veggies = 0 points
Vinaigrette = 2 points
Pork = 3 points (Go without meat if you
choose and save the points!)



This is Russell's full fat bento box. I love the presentation so I had to share. If you don't live in SLC search for your nearest Vietnamese restaurant. You won't be disappointed.

Next time I'm going to talk about my adventures with Tofu!

1 comment:

  1. It all looks delish!!! I've never been a big tofu fan ... except in Vietnamese or Indian food :)

    ReplyDelete