Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy New Blog Day!!!

Oh, and Happy Cinco De Mayo as well!

This is my first official Blog post as "Vegan Ana". I'm really excited for this new adventure and hope that you will enjoy reading about my successes, recipes, restaurants and weight loss.

I really hate writing the whole "who I am" and "why I am doing this" posts, and, lets face it, most of you probably won't read this anyway. (Unless of course, in the future, I have lots and lots of dedicated followers who have actually come all the way back here to read my first ever post. To you I say Hello!) So, I'm going to skip it! Let's make this first post like all my other posts.


Today is day 3 on this project of mine. I'm starting on day 3 because, though I did stick to the VBD on day one and two, I'm not really going to talk about them.

Breakfast: 1 cup fresh strawberries and 2 slices of Whole wheat bread (Don't worry I read the ingredients on the bread before I bought it.)

Lunch: 1/2 pasta with tomato sauce (no Parmesan cheese boo-hoo) and a Chop salad with cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes, beets (Pickled OF COURSE) and Newman's Own Light Balsamic Vinaigrette.

Snack: More Strawberries!!

Dinner: Oh my gosh, yum!!!! Ethiopian Cabbage Dish with tortillas....should be served with injera, but I don't have all the ingredients yet. For some reason, they don't think that us West Valley-ites deserve a Whole Foods. Eh, they are probably right.

This is the first time I have filled my "Veggie Quota" on the WW tracking page BEFORE dinner! AND because I didn't "waste" points on cheese or creamy no-no dressing I am left with 15 points for dinner!!

I know there are some of you out there who can see my mistake of the day...I saw it too....Where is the protein?! Well, when I was grocery shopping (At Winco, my new favorite store) I couldn't get my self to purchase any meats or dairy products. I know the whole point of this diet is that I can have my gooey cheese and juicy chicken, but I was really trying to stock up on my veggies. I will make sure that I get my protein in tomorrow. Cross my heart!

So far, Feelin' great! Talk to ya tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment