Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Daily Goal and a Tummy Ache.

Today's goal was to get some fitness in. I wasn't able to go to the gym but I did walk about 3/4 of a mile walking to the repair shop to pick up my car. I guess I'll count it. :)

Tonight I went to a meeting at The Sizzler. I knew I was going to have a steak tonight so I spent my points accordingly. I ordered the smallest steak on the menu (The 7 oz. Filet Mignon) and a salad bar. The plan was to fill up on a nice salad and eat half the steak. I made a great salad and since I have been eating lots of vinaigrettes lately I had ranch. (Only a little bit, less then 1 oz, but I still felt like it was too much. Bleg.) I ate all the salad and when the steak came I dug in. I love steak, I always have. The bigger the better. Tonight though, I found myself feeling sick and bloated after eating less then half of it. I haven't had much red meat since I have started VBD and I am a little surprised at my bodies reaction. I think at the meeting next month, I will stick to the salad bar and have a bite of my brother's steak. Maybe the chicken. :)

I have decided to run the Halloween Half Marathon in October. Eek! I'm nervous and excited! There is a prize for the best costume, so send me some ideas! I don't want anything that will chafe or smother.

Tomorrow's goal: Call the "lady Doctor" to set up an appointment to discuss infertility.

4 comments:

  1. It's weird, but when I am eating 'good' as in really healthy stuff for me and then eat something else, that isn't completely horrible, just not 'normal' for me anymore I get such a tummy ache. I guess its good to know our bodies can adjust so quickly to diet change and that most of it is mental, but it still is a shock to the system that's for sure. Have fun at the Halloween Half Marathon - that sounds like a blast. I don't have any costume ideas for you but I am sure you will come up with something. Actually, now that I am thinking of it, when I was like 10 my friend and I made costumes that looked like giant Nike sneakers. We used these big cardboard boxes, and spray painted them neon green and pasted a white swoop on them. We cut out the 'tongue' and laced it up with rope or ribbon or something and then hooked some suspenders to them to 'wear' them. It was probably my favorite halloween costume ever. If you do it, just cut out the bottom of the box so your legs have lots of wiggle room :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started noticing how certain foods would just curdle in my stomach... it was a weird experience, but listening to our bodies is how we know we're on the right track. If we hurt, we know not to do that again. Wish you luck on your half marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Liz, I notice a HUGE difference if I eat poorly when I've been eating "clean" (think McDonald's after three months of fast food - NOT pretty... lol).

    Good for you for deciding to run the marathon! Unfortunately, I'm THE least imaginative person out there, so I have no ideas for you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just came across your post and wanted to comment. So I've learned that beef, in order to be digested, needs a lot of enzymes. When I eat beef regularly, I am fine. But when I'm not eating it that often, I get stomach cramps, nausea and gas. Not fun! However, several years ago it turned out I was pretty severely allergic to beef and it was causing insane hives all over! I don't know if I was sensitive to it before, but now... I still crave it but I try not to eat it. Sometimes I cave in though. I was thinking about milk and how some lack what is needed to break it down but supposedly by keeping it in the menu, our bodies can adjust. I was the same with beans. Oh man would I toot. But since marrying a mexican and realizing how much I love beans, I've been eating it more often and I have less issues, if any at all! Just a thought. lol

    ReplyDelete