Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Yucky Run and Guiltless Alfredo Sauce Recipe Link

Last night's run was yucky.  But I did it.  3 miles without walking.  This is the 3rd time I've done that.  My legs hurt, I had a side stitch that would not go away, and I was tired.  I didn't break my record, but I matched it.  That makes me happy. I am also happy that I had no pain in my shins and knees.

I came home, did my stretches, took an 800 mg ibuprofen, and slathered my legs with horse liniment.  (Yes, for horses.  It's like extra extra extra strength Icy Hot.  It's kind of amazing.)  I woke up feeling good.  And not sore. 

As I mentioned on Monday I completed my c25k program.  Oh my goodness, it feels so good to be able to say that!  I haven't been able to get my time under 34 minutes, but that is ok.  Though I would like to speed it up, time is not my concern right now, distance is.

I am registered to run a 6k on Saturday the 13th.  I feel 100% percent ready.  The goal is to run the whole thing and as long as I don't start out too fast (something I tend to do) I know I can do it.  I've never run a 6k before so I don't have a time to beat.  My fastest 5k time was 31 minutes so I am going to try and beat 37 minutes. 

Now for the recipe.  It comes from Our Best Bites.  This is one of my favorite recipe site.  While not everything is healthy...(Old Fashioned Chocolate Cake *drool*) they do really well at posting lots of healthy options. 

This sauce is amazeballs.  You know how when you go to a restaurant and order fettuccini alfredo and you can't finish it because it makes you sick so you take it home and reheat it for lunch the next day and the bottom of the bowl is pretty much a greasy mess?  Yeah, this doesn't do that.  Best part?  1/4 cup of this sauce is 100 calories!!!  100.  I'm going to go ahead and link you over to their site because they post pictures of how to do everything.  But, I've made this many times and it is pretty much no fail.  One thing though, make sure you buy a block of Parmesan cheese and shred it yourself.  If you use pre-shredded cheese, it won't melt and your sauce will be lumpy.

 


1 comment:

  1. I am excited/ nervous for our race! I hope I can run too. And I will need to try that alfredo now!

    ReplyDelete