Monday, October 8, 2012

Awesome week and FMM

It's been a couple of days since I posted, but wow, I had an amazing week! 

Monday night we decided it was time to Cry It Out with K.  She has always gone to bed on her own so well, but she started waking up hourly and crying until one of us went in and stuck a binky in her mouth.  Then she would want a bottle at 2 and 5 am.  The lack of sleep was really starting to get to both of us.  Monday night was hard.  She cried off and on all night and then for about an hour and a half at 1:30.  I went in every 10 minutes to soothe her and eventually she fell asleep.  She woke up happy, though, and napped well. 

Tuesday night I had a yucky run, probably due to my sleepless night the night before.  When we went to bed we took the advice of a pediatrician and shut her door, our door, and turned the sound off on the monitor.  She woke me up once at about 2, after letting her cry for about 20 minutes I went in to soothe her and she went right to sleep.  I think she did wake up one more time because when we woke up she was sideways, but we slept through it. 

Wednesday night was Bell rehearsal.  I just love it!  It is definitely something I look forward to every week.  I seem to get the giggles often and last time was no exception.  It's about an hour drive to rehearsal each way and then I am there for 2 hours, so I am usually gone for 4 hours.  4 hours of "Me" time.  I listen to audiobooks, eat dinner anywhere I want, and practice beautiful music.  It is a sanity saver.  Wednesday, I left feeling especially good.  I came home and typed this as my Facebook status.
To make things even better, K slept ALL THE WAY through the night!  She was so still that I had to get up and check on her to ease my troubled mind.

Thursday, I hung out with a new friend.  I don't really have any friends (Other than my mom, brother, and sister-in-law) that live in Heber.  We have lots of friends in Salt Lake that we still see, but it is hard to schedule stuff when people live so far away.  Anyway, she moved up here recently so she doesn't have many friends up here either.  I taught piano lessons and then got home to run my 2.5 miles WHILE IT WAS STILL LIGHT OUTSIDE!  I'm usually running in the dark, dark because I procrastinate.  I felt like my run was taking way too long and taking me too far, but I finished.  I realized when I got home that I ran without the sensor in my iPod so it didn't track my run properly. Even though I know it was a good run and I actually got out and exercised, it felt like I wasted a run.  But, I did it, and that's what counts.
K slept through the night again, even though I didn't.  I think my body is so used to waking up at certain times that I wake up automatically now even though I don't need to.  It had better cut that out soon!
Friday I took an easy day and made sure we were all ready for family pictures.  For once, I was all ready when the husband got home from work.  The photographer met us at our house and then we drove up the canyon to one of my favorite spots.  From what she showed me on the screen we got some great shots.  When we were done we drove down to Salt Lake and had a bbq with friends.  There was lots of good food, a fun Pictionary type game with Legos, and a cute baby girl playing with a sweet dog that is as big as a small pony.
Saturday was my "Long Run".  It was my first week of 10k training and I was scheduled to run 3 miles.  I decided to bump up a week and run 3.5 miles because I have a 6k race on Saturday.  I got up, ate a pita with some peanut butter, took an Advil, drank a bottle of water, made sure I had my sensor in my iPod, and drove into Midway.  I picked up my Bountiful Basket and parked my car.  I warmed up and started running.  It was a gorgeous day and a great run.  The air was crisp and cool, the sun was shining, and the leaves were slowly falling off the trees.  I ran under covered bridges, over the Provo river, passed horses and cows.  The beginning of the run started off going down a pretty big hill.  I was worried that I wouldn't be able to run back up it when I came back to it.  I psyched myself up about it almost the whole run.  When I reached the hill at about mile 3, I just kept running.  I made it to the top before I realized I was tired.  It was my longest workout yet this year (Lance Armstrong told me so) and I felt GREAT!  It was the first time I have ever clicked the Unstoppable face on the Rate My Run.
When I got home I showered and headed to the zoo with my hubby, K, and my niece.  It was a little chilly but the animals were active, and the kids had an awesome time. 
Now on to....
Friend Making Monday

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

Inside Your Home

1. Do you live in an apartment/condo, townhouse or house?  Townhome.

2. What is your home’s coolest feature? I love our master bathroom.  It has a big stand up shower and a bigger soaker tub.  It has a separate "toilet room", a big walk in closet, and a big window for natural light.  My last master bathroom was only called that because it was attached to the master bedroom.

3.  Do you enjoy DIY projects?  If so, what are you working on now?  I love DIY.  I just took down the stupid blinds from our sliding glass door and put up and curtain rod and panels.  I'm also working on crocheting an afghan for my couch.  I'm sure I will finish it someday.

4. When using the dishwasher do you use powder detergent or liquid?  I use the cascade dishwasher packs.  So, powder, I guess.

5. Do you have a TV in your bedroom?  No, we did in our old house, but it was our only TV, so I would end up spending the whole day in bed watching TV.  We also stayed up too late.  It's not a good idea for me.

6.  Is your range gas or electric?  Electric.  I’d love a gas stove, though.

7.  How often do you sweep/mop/vacuum?  Usually right before company would come over, but now that I have a CRAWLER!! I think I will be vacuuming a lot more.

8.  What is your favorite place to shop for home furniture and accents? Pier 1, World Market, Target, TJ Maxx.

9.  Do you decorate for holidays?  I do, I do!!  I so look forward to each new holiday so I can decorate.  

10.  If you could have HGTV come in and redo one room in your home which room would you choose?  I'm not sure.  We're renting right now, so they wouldn't be able to do much.  Maybe the living room, since that is what people see when they come over.


  1. A 6 month old baby. Who can crawl. :)

  2. I discovered your blog through Kenlie's FMM. I love it! It's so nice to *meet* you. I just discovered Friend Makin' Monday, so be sure to stop by my blog and check it out!
    BTW, I am so inspired by your weight loss and exercise regime.

  3. What a great Facebook post. I often have those AhHa moments too. They are wonderful reminders.

    I want a soaker tub. I could have used one after my 10 mile race last weekend.

  4. Crying it out is no fun at all! Then again, getting up several times a night is no good either. I bet you are thankful it has gone so well!

  5. Hey there! Thanks so much for stopping by my FMM! Gotta agree with Sabrina about the soaker tub. That sounds *wonderful*. You're also a World Market fan?! Yay!