Friday, July 2, 2010

Stuck in a rut.


Can you tell? Yeah, I thought so. Blog posts are becoming infrequent; daily goals are going unfulfilled. Sigh. Whine. Sob.

I'm frustrated. I shouldn't be. I've had some killer accomplishments this year. I'm frustrated because the scale isn't moving. It won't budge! What's the deal?!?!?! I have tried to ignore this. I have tried to find the mindset that it isn't about the number anymore. My pants are looser. My back rolls are going away. I can run farther and faster, but it doesn't seem to matter as much as that damn number. What are we doing to ourselves here?

I think I am going to put the scale away. Then I am going to (RE)commit fully to my new healthy lifestyle. I'm VBD, I've just been slacking a little bit.

I'm also thinking about quitting WW. I think it might be time to start tracking calories.

Thoughts?

7 comments:

  1. Whatever it is you decided to do, DO IT for you. And by the way we just got Notre Dame vs Utah football tickets. Yippie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate! You do what feels right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I discovered www.fatsecret.com it's been great. a bar code scanner app for my phone so i can track easily, and it's got an awesome community on there also. They post challenges you can participate in and it is FULL of foods... groceries and restaurant meals. Also has typical exercises and calories burned while doing them. I <3 that site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's a great idea Ana!! Oh, and by the way, when we were coming home from swimming today I saw a profile shot of you, and I can tell a BIG difference in how you look!!! Way to go girly, DON'T stop. Or I'll post all your deepest secrets on my blog. Muwhahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do sparkpeople. Love it there. Keeps me motivated with weekly emails and stuff.

    Remember that you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can't stop now - I only just found you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ana, I know the feeling, I haven't felt like blogging lately either.. I really have nothing to say. I still keep working out, keep going to WW. But just stuck in a rut too. I was glad to read your blog and see I am not the only one feeling this way. I have often thought of quitting WW too. Some days I feel like why should I pay the money to weigh in. I know what I need to eat, I have good exercise habits now...I think you have to do what you feel is going to work for you right now. Good Luck I'm sure we will get out of this rut!

    ReplyDelete